Norwalk Housing Foundation College Scholarship Program was established in 1998 to provide support for Norwalk Public Housing residents who dream of going to college.
Some facts about this program:
- 157 NHF College Scholarships have been awarded to date, expanding from 2 in 1998 to over 30 currently. In 2010, awards totaled $140,000.
- NHF College Scholarships vary based on need with amounts ranging from $1,000 to $8,000.
- Annually assists students with other academic financial aid.
- In October 2009, the NHF College Scholarship Program was honored with the National Award of Excellence from NAHRO (National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials).
- 100 percent of all donations go directly to scholarships.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for an Norwalk Housing Foundation College Scholarship, download the application here.
For more information or to donate today, contact:
NHF Scholarship Coordinator
Phone: (203) 838-8471 x.176
The Norwalk Housing Foundation, Inc., is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit tax-exempt corporation, created to support the improvement of quality of life for Norwalk’s public housing residents. All donations are tax deductible.