Minutes of Meeting
The Special Meeting of the Housing Authority of the City of Norwalk was held at 6:00 PM Thursday, April 9, 2020.
LOCATION: Zoom Meeting Video Call
Adam Bovilsky, Executive Director
Jeffery A. Ingraham, Chairman
Brenda Penn-Williams, Vice Chair
Sheri Brown, Treasurer
Rahoul Dupervil, Commissioner
Liza Bermúdez-Montgomery, Commissioner
Meeting began at 6:04 pm.
Adam Bovilsky opened the meeting.
The following commissioners were present via video Chairman Ingraham, Commissioner Dupervil, Vice Chair Brenda Penn-Williams, and Commissioner Liza Bermúdez- Montgomery. The presence of a quorum was established.
Report of the Secretary:
Mr. Bovilsky presented updates on the following:
- COVID-19 - NHA is now receiving health department data regarding number/location of cases on NHA properties.
- During this health and economic crisis HUD Hartford has recognized NHA as a role model to other state housing authorities. New practices include- Section 8 inspections being conducted virtually; maintenance department split into two teams which allows staff to maintain extensive sanitizing, emergency repairs and continued trash removal. PPE has been provided to maintenance staff; interim's reports are being completed on as needed basis thus lowering rent to those who have lost income due to job loss or health complications.
- In cooperation with FEMA, NHA is tracking COVID 19 expenses.
- As Webster bank is no longer accepting cash rent payments, a new payment system is being studied.
- NHA and Person to Person will hold a drive through Food distribution
- NHA is in receipt of a CDBG grant for the updating of 3 Ludlow Village units. This modernization will create 3 completely handicap accessible units.
16-86 Commissioner Penn-Williams moved to approve:
a. Proposed Bylaw change -
When a quorum attends a meeting, action may be taken by the Authority upon vote of the majority of Commissioners so present either by personal appearance, telephonic or audio/video connection.
Commissioner Dupervil seconded the motion.
Commission Liza Bermúdez-Montgomery
All if favor. Motion was carried.
Attorney Lattarulo stated a 2018 Bylaw amendment had addressed Special meeting electronic attendance. In order to insure a fully functioning Norwalk Housing Board and comply with COVID 19 social distancing protocol, NHA bylaws should now reflect Commissioner personal appearance by telephonic or audio/video connection at both Special and Regular meetings.
Commissioner Dupervil moved to adjourn to the Executive Session, Commissioner Penn-Williams seconded the motion.
All in favor. Motion was carried and the Commissioners adjourned to the Executive Session.
Commissioner Dupervil moved to adjourn from the Executive Session. Commissioner Brown seconded the motion.
All in favor. Motion was carried and the Commissioners adjourned from the Executive Session.
Mr. Bovilsky reported the Board had unanimously agreed to accept the Santa Fuel Settlement offer.
Commissioner Penn Williams made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Commissioner Dupervil seconded the motion. All in favor.
The meeting adjourned at 6:30 pm.
Executive Director/ Secretary