02/28/2022 Architectural and Engineering - 16 Street Kitchen Removal Replacement
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF NORWALK
REQUEST FOR ARCHITECTURAL AND ENGINEERING SERVICES
The Housing Authority of the City of Norwalk (NHA) is seeking RFP's from Architectural and Engineering firms for the following project:
16 School Street Apartments
- Removal and replacement of kitchen cabinets.
PROPOSALS ARE DUE ON WEDNESDAY MARCH 23, 2022 at 11:00 AM.
One (1) original and two (2) bound copies of your complete response to this RFP must be delivered to:
Mr. Greg Lickwola, Construction Manager
Norwalk Housing Authority
P.O. Box 508, 241/2 Monroe Street
Norwalk, CT 06854
Responses must be clearly marked on the outside of the package referencing:
ARCHITECTURE SERVICES - 16 School Street Apartments/Kitchen Replacement.
Responses received at any other location than the aforementioned or after the Response Submission Date and time shall be deemed non-responsive and shall not be considered.
Each proposal shall contain the following information:
1. A listing of similar projects completed by your firm. Please indicate proposed costs, actual construction costs and dates completed.
2. A listing of previous experience with Federal (HUD) and/or State governmental agencies if not listed in one herein above.
3. Identification of the project team, including contract administration specialist that would be assigned to this project and what projects in one
(1) and two (2) above project members were involved in.
4. List of similar projects completed within the last five (5) years and original and actual project schedule and budgets.
5. Detailed schedule showing preparation of bid documents, construction administration (listing number of site visits and job meetings); estimated time of construction period until close-out.
6. Fixed Fee.
A. GENERAL INFORMATION
This projects will require the following services from the selected professional. These services include thorough investigation of the site and related conditions, meetings and discussions with Housing Authority personnel, regarding solutions, schedules, cost estimates, etc., preparation of reports, etc. through project completion and final closeout. The Norwalk Housing Authority will rely on the selected professional for guidance on making decisions regarding the scope of work, budgeting of money and time, and scheduling. Because these funds are State, the Authority must adhere to an extremely tight schedule of expending these funds. Therefore the Architect must be prepared to complete final drawings and go out to bid within 30 calendar days after contract signing.
B. PROJECT DESCRIPTION
l6 School Street Apartments is a State financed family complex consisting of 34 apartments. There are 5 separate buildings that consist of 20 two-bedroom units and 14 three-bedroom units. The buildings were built in early 1994 and are 2 story-wood frame construction.
• Kitchens- It is the NHA's intent to remove and replace all of the cabinets, countertops, lighting fixtures, sinks, backsplashes, and flooring in all 34 units. (Appliances are part of the renovations.). There are two (4) designated Handicap units that will have meet ADA requirements as part of these renovations.
The NHA will be selecting an Architect / Engineer to lead us through this project. This will include a thorough analysis of the existing conditions, recommendations / products, preparing contract documents for public bidding, contractor selection, and contract administration of the construction contract.
Award of this contract will be on an overall rating with the highest rated firm being selected. If the Authority cannot agree upon the fixed fee with the highest rated firm the Authority will go to next highest rated.
Thorough field investigations are expected of the selected professional. NHA will provide as built drawings if available to the selected professional. Proposals for these projects are to be submitted on March 23, 2022 @ 11:00 am. For further information, please send email to Mr. Greg Lickwola, Construction Manager, at email@example.com . Blue prints are available upon request.