REPORTS TO: Directly to Center Lead Coordinator. Under general supervision of Learning Center Director and Assistant Director.
Assists in the creation and maintenance of a Learning Center site for youth and adults. Facilitates basic reading, math, and language arts skills and provides academic instruction during center hours.
- Develops curriculum in conjunction with other Education Coordinator(s), the center Lead Coordinator, and the Learning Centers Directors.
- Provides remedial, basic, and enrichment group instruction and tutoring to youth using computers and other resources.
- Ensures that the Learning Center functions smoothly and reliably.
- Ensures the safety and security of personnel and computer equipment.
- Assists in record keeping of attendance, activities, and participation.
- Conducts routine assessments of Learning Center participants.
RELATED DUTIES AND ABILITIES:
- Acts as communication liaison with schools, parents, and volunteers.
- Recommends any needed changes in curriculum, equipment, and educational software.
- Assists the Center Lead Coordinator as required.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Provides support to students in improving reading skills a function of the Literacy Program.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of computers and peripheral equipment.
- At least 2 years of experience with basic software, i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and graphics.
- Experience in and interest in working with diverse populations of children and adults in a learning environment.
- Ability to manage Learning Center in Lead Coordinator's absence.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Education or related discipline.
- Computer proficiency is desirable.
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience is desirable.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be bondable
- Possession of a valid Connecticut motor vehicle operator's license is preferred.
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Nicole Ruffin at firstname.lastname@example.org.