Careers Education CoordinatorMaintenance LaborerReading CoachSTEM InstructorStudent InternVan Driver
The STEM Instructor will be responsible for developing in each student a curiosity and interest in science, technology, engineering and math, through hands-on activities. The instructor will also help students gain a better understanding of math concepts through the tutoring program.
- Teach knowledge and skills in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Provide individualized math tutoring to elementary students.
- Help to create STEM curriculum for students K - 5th grade.
- Plan and present STEM events that show students STEM work for NHA and the community.
- Provide individual and small-group instructions to adapt to the needs of students with varying abilities and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Select and requisition books, instructional materials, tools, instructional aids, and maintain required inventory records.
- Evaluate each student's performance and growth in STEM knowledge and understanding.
- Organize storage areas and control use of materials, equipment and tools.
RELATED DUTIES AND ABILITIES:
- Assists on various projects as requested by the STEM coordinator and Administration.
- Work with students to build up submissions to STEM contests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and other management as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knows and can apply STEM principles.
- Knows and can teach math concepts.
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively and collegially.
- Knowledge of math and science curriculum, teaching methods, current trends.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in a math or science related field or education.
- Computer proficiency
- A minimum of two years of teaching science or math to youth.
- Desire an interest in STEM education.
GRADUATION FROM SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be bondable.
- Possession of a valid Connecticut motor vehicle operator's license.
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Nicole Ruffin at email@example.com.