REPORTS TO: DEPUTY DIRECTOR
POSITION SUMMARY: Reports to the Deputy Director for overall administrative assistance/secretarial and clerical services. Work is reviewed primarily through meetings, review of reports, and evaluation of results obtained. Must use independent judgment to solve problems.
1. Coordinates office procedures, paper work, and communications in the Administrative office of the Authority; and prepares information and technical data needed for appointments and meetings.
2. Answers and screens calls in the office.
3. Maintains and organizes filing system for all administrative correspondence, official records, rules and regulations.
4. Prepares official correspondence for the Authority.
5. Reads and prioritizes Authority correspondence.
6. Exercises considerable initiative, judgment, and discretion in performing administrative work and in screening calls, visitors, and in general public relations activities.
7. Exercises initiative in keeping informed of all policies, rules, and regulations.
8. Acts in a liaison capacity between the Deputy Executive Director and other departments.
9. Prepares correspondence, records, and reports for Deputy Director, Director of Housing Operations and Director of Finance.
10. Maintains office and refreshment supplies.
RELATED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
11. Assists on various projects.
12. Sets up and maintains office files and records.
13. Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Deputy Director and other management as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of the Authority administration with reference to office practices and procedures.
2. Knowledge of research techniques, sources and availability of information.
3. Ability to gain considerable knowledge of the function of all Authority departments and how they relate to each other.
4. Ability to perform assigned clerical and administrative tasks readily and to adhere to prescribed departmental routines.
5. Ability to work with a wide variety of people, often under trying and stressful circumstances.
6. Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, and to prepare accurate and comprehensive reports.
7. Ability to work independently and be responsible with confidential assignments regarding routine personnel functions and secretarial tasks.
8. Ability to explain organizational policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, department officials, candidates for employment, and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Graduation from a standard high school, supplemented with college level training in business practices and procedures.
1. Must be bondable.
2. Must have the ability to work with confidential information.