10/23/2023 RFP Main Avenue and 20 West Apartments
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF NORWALK REQUEST FOR ARCHITECTURAL AND ENGINEERING SERVICES
The Housing Authority of the City of Norwalk (NHA) is seeking RFP's from Architectural and Engineering firms for the following project:
Main Avenue Apartments
• Removal and replacement of 25 Bathrooms.
• Removal and replacement of siding, exterior doors and windows 20 West Avenue Apartments
• Removal and replacement of 54 bathrooms
PROPOSALS ARE DUE ON TUESDAY NOVEMBER 21, 2023 at 11:00 AM.
One (1) original and two (2) bound copies of your complete response to this RFP must be delivered to:
Mr. Greg Lickwola, Construction Manager Norwalk Housing Authority
P.O. Box 508, 241/2 Monroe Street Norwalk, CT 06854
Responses must be clearly marked on the outside of the package referencing ARCHITECTURE SERVICES - MAIN AVENUE APARTMENTS/20 WEST APARTMENTS.
Responses received at any other location than the aforementioned or after the Response Submission Date and time shall be deemed non-responsive and shall not be considered.
Each proposal shall contain the following information:
1. A listing of similar projects completed by your firm. Please indicate proposed costs, actual construction costs and dates completed.
2. A listing of previous experience with Federal (HUD) and/or State governmental agencies if not listed in one herein above.
3. Identification of the project team, including contract administration specialist that would be assigned to this project and what projects in one
(1) and two (2) above project members were involved in.
4. List of similar projects completed within the last five (5) years and original and actual project schedule and budgets.
5. Detailed schedule showing preparation of bid documents, construction administration (listing number of site visits and job meetings); estimated time of construction period until close-out.
6. Fixed Fee.
A. GENERAL INFORMATION
These projects will require the following services from the selected professional. These services include thorough investigation of the site and related conditions, meetings and discussions with Housing Authority personnel, regarding solutions, schedules, cost estimates, etc., preparation of reports, etc. through project completion and final closeout. The Norwalk Housing Authority will rely on the selected professional for guidance on making decisions regarding the scope of work, budgeting of money and time, and scheduling.
Because these funds are Federal, the Authority must adhere to an extremely tight schedule of obligating these funds. Therefore the Architect must be prepared to complete final drawings and go out to bid within 60 calendar days after contract signing.
B. PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Main Avenue Apartments is a federal family complex consisting of 25 apartments. There are 4 separate buildings. The buildings were built in early 1980's and are 2 story-wood frame construction.
Bathrooms- It is the NHA's intent to remove and replace all of the tubs/ showers, cabinets, countertops, lighting fixtures, repainting of bathroom, sinks, and flooring in all of these apartments. There are two (2) designated Handicap units that will have meet ADA requirements as part of these renovations.
Siding, windows exterior doors - It is the NHA's intent to remove and replace siding, windows and exterior doors to all four(4) buildings..
20 West Avenue Apartments is a federal senior complex consisting of 54apartments. This consists of 1- 3 story masonry building.
• Bathrooms- It is the NHA's intent to remove and replace all of the tubs/ showers, cabinets, countertops, lighting fixtures, repainting of bathroom, sinks, and flooring in all of these apartments. Being that this is a Senior Development All units should be made ADA if possible.
The NHA will be selecting an Architect / Engineer to lead us through these projects. This will include a thorough analysis of the existing conditions, recommendations / products, preparing contract documents for public bidding, contractor selection, and contract administration of the construction contract.
Award of this contract will be on an overall rating with the highest rated firm being selected. If the Authority cannot agree upon the fixed fee with the highest rated firm the Authority will go to next highest rated.
Thorough field investigations are expected of the selected professional. NHA will provide as built drawings if available to the selected professional. Proposals for these projects are to be submitted on November 21, 2023 @ 11:00 am. For further information, please send email to Mr. Greg Lickwola, Construction Manager, at email@example.com
C. SELECTION CRITERIA
• Previous experience with similar or related projects which were successful.
• Size of firm and experience and qualifications of designated design team.
• Experience with projects that were funded by governmental agencies specifically HUD projects.
• Ability to prepare bid documents within (60 days); complete the project within budgetary constraints; provide sufficient contract administration and manage time constraints though construction.
• Firm fixed fee
All procurement decisions shall be at the sole discretion of the Housing Authority of the City of Norwalk. The Housing Authority reserves the right to waive any minor irregularities in any response when this action appears to be in its best interest.
Prior to signing a contract with the Norwalk Housing Authority, the architect or engineer shall furnish evidence of the following forms of insurance from a company with B+ or better rating in the current edition of Best's Rating Guide which must be maintained through completion of construction.
1. Professional Liability - Minimum Coverage $500,000.00.
2. Comprehensive General Liability with broad form Comprehensive General Liability endorsement and auto (non-owned and hired) Minimum Coverage $1,000,000.00.
3. Worker's Compensation and Employer's Liability Minimum coverages: $100,000.00 each employee, $500,000.00 policy limit.
4. Automotive Liability (owned vehicles) if applicable. Minimum Coverage $1,000,000.00.
5. Valuable Papers Destruction Policy in an amount sufficient to cover loss or damage to originals or reproductions, whether they be tracings, blue prints, specifications, manuscripts, data, disks, etc.
6. The engineer must provide a copy of each applicable policy to the Authority. Binders are not acceptable. Insurance coverage must be maintained until completion of the project.
All insurance's must include the following endorsements:
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF NORWALK A.T.I.M.A.
24-1/2 Monroe Street
South Norwalk, CT 06854
The Norwalk Housing Authority requires final construction documents to be submitted on both hard copies ready for reproduction and printing and an electronic copy for Norwalk Housing Authority files. Also at the completion of the job, as-built drawings are to be submitted on both hard copies and on disk or other electronic method to the Norwalk Housing Authority.
The successful bidder will be required to execute the standard contract agreement between Owner and Design Professional (HUD FORM 51915).
Adam D. Bovilsky
The Housing Authority of the City of Norwalk is an Equal Opportunity Employer