REPORTS TO: DIRECTLY TO CENTER LEAD COORDINATOR. UNDER GENERAL SUPERVISION OF LEARNING CENTER DIRECTOR AND ASSISTANT DIRECTOR.
The Learning Center Intern is responsible for supporting and further developing the Learning Center program through managing special projects, researching and/or developing new program activities, preparing for the upcoming days and/or weeks of programming, and processing student and program data, among other tasks.
- Help to provide remedial, basic and enrichment group instruction and tutoring to youth using computer and other resources.
- Assists in record-keeping of attendance, activities, and participation
RELATED DUTIES AND ABILITIES:
- Interest in youth and afterschool programming and understanding of its positive impact to the community it serves.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office. Data entry experience is a plus.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail.
- Assists the learning to students in improving reading skills a function of the Literacy Program.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Lead Coordinator, Assistant Director and / or Director of Learning Centers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current student in an accredited college or university majoring in Education or related discipline.
- Computer proficiency
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Nicole Ruffin at email@example.com.